Thursday, July 30, 2009

Music To Discover:8


New Young Pony Club

image from http://www.attheecho.com/wordpress/wp-content/2007/10/newyoungponyclub.jpg


"Don't speak cause your mind is amazing."

New Young Pony Club started as two friends, in the U.K., who found they had a common love of punk rock and dance music. The duo became a five piece and the band officially formed in 2005.
Tahita Bulmer, the lead singer, wanted to name the band "Pony club" coining it as, " kinky and quirky and fun." Though a already existing Irish band had taken the name. They then adopted "New Young Pony Club", making them a ,"Newer, younger, kinkier, Pony Club".

It could be said that NYPC ( New Young Pony Club) have been most popular in Australia , the home of their label, Modular (even though they are British). They also claim they never really wanted to be the " biggest band in the world".

New Young Pony Club have toured with CSS, Lily Allen, Klaxons, and The Sunshine Underground. They are reportedly working on a new album.

(information from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Young_Pony_Club)

I first heard of New Young Pony Club way, way, way back when they were featured on a Intel ad. Since then though, they have been played in a multitude of advertisements, from cars to cell phones.

When I first heard the song, I was addicted to it. The song being, Ice Cream, with the seductive lyrics, catchy bassline, and all around groove, it was just awesome.

New Young Pony Club is a very dance-punk, funk, new rave, type band. Sounds like a bit of a strange mix, though it is progressively less strange than it sounds. This group has a very danceable feel to them, and are very infectious in that.


image from http://lostandfoundtoronto.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/nypc300.jpg

For the longest time, the only song I had heard by them was Ice Cream. Though later on, a friend of mine had posted the song The Bomb on their myspace. I once again, was hooked. This song was a little more confusing than the first. Just in the fact that the lyrics are a little more cryptic. Though still, they are intelligent.

Fortunately, they are very available in the United States, unlike many of the other artists I have featured. :D

Straight down to it, New Young Pony Club are exactly what they say they are. Fun, new, young, and yes a bit kinky. They are a nice band to listen to if you just sort of want to relax, though simultaneously they are fun to blast, and just go a little crazy to.


Fans of
-CSS
-Datarock
-Klaxons
-The Gossip
-Van She
Should give NYPC a listen.

Check out their songs.
-Ice Cream
-Descend
-The Bomb
-Fan


The Bomb




New Young Pony Club

Today for me was a bit of a nineties revival.

As in... I decided to youtube all of my favorite musicians/songs from when I was little.

Ahh the memories.

This was all started by Pandora.com because on one of my playlists, it began playing The Cardigans, Lovefool. I'm addicted to that song now.

Lovefool

Also I got a new drawing pad, yay! Now I can start sketching again. I had to stop because I couldn't color in sketches on regular paper because the markers I use for coloring, copic markers (LOVE THEM), bleed through thin paper. So I have to use these super heavy duty manga drawing pads.

That is all for today.


OH OH OH

wait... how could I forget...

Remix Of The Day

Shystie-Nu Style (Deekline and Ed Solo mix)

This is a very, very, long remix. And I know nothing about Deekline and Ed Solo, so I am at a loss there. Shystie though is a British rapper, who like the one she is compared to most, Lady Sovereign. Just *sounds* hard in her music. Like you don't want to mess with Shystie, haha. Despite the fact that it is a very lengthy remix, clocking in at just above seven minutes, it is fun, peppy, and enjoyable.


Now THAT is really all for today.

Farewell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or something.