Friday, June 11, 2010

25

So for one reason or another, I am compelled to give you all, my readers, a list of my 25 most played songs on itunes. Why?
I don't know.
Perhaps to give you more insight to what I listen to?
Hard to say.

Regardless.

1) Bulletproof- La Roux (315 plays)
2) I'm Not Your Toy- La Roux (301 plays)
3) This Boy's In Love- The Presets (216 plays)
4) Talk Like That- The Presets (167 plays)
5) Tigerlily- La Roux (160 plays)
( are you seeing any trends yet?)
6) If I Know You- The Presets (158 plays)
7) The Fear- Lily Allen (145 plays)
8) *ahem* In For The Kill- La Roux (137 plays)
9) Are You The One?- The Presets (131 plays)
10) Crystalised- The XX (131 plays)
11) Bad Romance- Lady GaGa (129 plays)*
12) Gifted (Featuring Kanye West, Lykke Li, and Santogold)- N.A.S.A. (129 plays)
13) Black & Gold- Sam Sparro (126 plays)
14) Me Delirium- Ladyhawke(120 plays)
15) Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)- Florence + The Machine (114 plays)
16) Hello Tomorrow (addidas version)- Karen O. & Squeak E. Clean (113 plays)
17) Colourless Colour-La Roux (111 plays)
18) Softshock- Yeah Yeah Yeahs (110 plays)
19) Quicksand- La Roux (108 plays)
20) You'll Find A Way (Switch and Sinden Remix)- Santogold (104 plays)
21) Basic Space- The XX (101 plays)
22) Vanished- Crystal Castles (98 plays)
23) Anywhere- The Presets (97 plays)
24) When I Grow Up- Garbage (96 plays)
25) Ice Cream- New Young Pony Club (95 plays)

* those 129 plays do not account for the 80+ times I listened to the song before it came out.

Now, I'd like to say that this list doesn't really define how much I've listened to some bands.
Crystal Castles, Florence + The Machine, Lady GaGa, The XX , and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs all have albums I have listened the hell out of. It is just the fact that it is only specific songs that make it to the top 25 list.


So, Chromatist is almost a year old now!
I'm kind of, really, amazed.
I'll write my big, long sentimental post about it tomorrow. I'm not really sure what I should do to commemorate Chromatist's birthday.
Maybe I'll make an iMix of all the bands I've featured that are actually on itunes.
We'll see.

For now my "about me" section needs a major facelift. I'ma go fix that.

'til tomorrow.
goodbye!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or something.