Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm back from one of the best nights of my life.

So, Saturday night was the Lady Gaga concert.
Holy, shit.

(image from http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2010/08/lady_gagas_sold-out_show_at.php)

I cannot properly incapsulate the fun, the inspiration, the love, the crazed sexuality, or the sheer creativity in words.

In short, it was one of the best nights of my young life.
I laughed, I cried, I danced, I screamed until my voice couldn't take it anymore. And something that concert made me fully realize some things about Lady Gaga. Yes, the Lady is always talking about how much she loves her fans and how they're the best fans in the world. So I am aware she feels this way but you never really know how much someone feels about something until they are preaching it to 14000 fans. It was beautiful, really.
This concert also made me fully realize how much of an artist Gaga is. Gaga is a musician, yes, but I REALLY respect how she has brought performance art and music together because really, they are a beautiful comparison.

(image from http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2010/08/lady_gagas_sold-out_show_at.php)


Lastly.
Lady Gaga's super liberal anti-SB 1070 speech and the entire concerts theme of equality regardless of sexuality, race, background, gender, all of that.
Was so inspiring. And pretty much made me cry.



Let me also just say that this concert was totally worth the long wait since the collapse of the "Fame Kills" tour (the Kanye/Gaga concert)

In other news...
Gaga has also been nominated for a nebulous 13 MTV VMAs.
Damn.

My surprise that I mentioned about a week ago is still in the works but it WILL BE HERE SOON.
Worry you not.

But for now I will just post some remixes/covers to satiate you all until the next "Music To Discover".

Shakira- Explore (XX-Islands cover)

Islands is easily one of my favorite songs ever and one of my favorites by the XX. Shakira, surprisingly, covers this song quite well. It feels a bit more pop-y and less mellow than the original but it still is the same fantastic song. As odd of a combination as it is, I still kind of love it.

Bloc Party- Say It Right (Nelly Furtado Cover)

Another strange cover.
Say It Right was one of the slew of singles Nelly Furtado released upon her initial comeback in 2006 or so. This cover by one of my favorites, Bloc Party, is a lot more guitar centric but it evokes a bit more tragedy than the original, in my opinion. Kele Okereke's kind of broken, unsure vocals really bring out the songs meaning. Love it.

The Gossip- Are You That Somebody (Aaliyah Cover)

Aaliyah, the late R&B queen + The Gossip, the hipster friendly post-punk, alterna-rock, trio = some crazy mess of awesome. That's all I really have to say.

Lady Gaga- Lovegame (Chew Fu Ghettohouse fix featuring Marilyn Manson)

So.
This remix has been in out for about a year. And I've loved it for about that long.
But during the Gaga concert she played this song and promptly shouted "now dance motherfuckers!". And now I feel like I have to post about it even if it has been passed around for a long while. This remix is so precisely edited, it's kind of mind blowing. The beginning with the "let's (verb)"-s is by far one of the ill-en-est things I've heard in a while. Hell. I even like Marilyn Manson on this song. I like Marilyn Manson, don't get me wrong, but I feel like saying such things amongst my generation is taboo as he has been mis-denominated and syndicated as awful or creepy or something.
ANYWAY.
Just check the remix out.

Lastly.
Klaxons' new album needs to come out in the U.S as soon as it comes out elsewhere.
This is why.



Until next time!
Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or something.