Friday, February 17, 2012

Songs You Should Be Listening To #4

There has been this crazy influx of amazing music lately. Let me hook you up.

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs- Tapes & Money

I'm a little late to this party but whatever. I am a huge fan of T.E.E.D and this song, aughhh. Oh Jesus, this song. Just as minimal and low-key as you'd expect from T.E.E.D but with an added element of house. This track is bound to be an explosive club-banger. I also totally appreciate the somewhat ambiguous lyrics that are so brilliantly smart and strangely cerebral.

Lianne La Havas- Forget

My God.
Another party I'm sort of late too.
Lianne La Havas' luminous juxtaposition of cool, smooth vocals with abrupt and in your face moments of  melodic belting are just too good to deny. This song is sweet in some respects but so gloriously pointed in its lyrics. My kind of singer-songwriter type sound.

Queen Of Hearts- Spanish Sahara (Foals Cover)

I don't know a whole lot about Queen of Hearts, really, but, I do know that this cover of Foals' hit "Spanish Sahara" is a piece of pure brilliance. Giving the song a heavily ambient, chilled out electro finish,  her wallowing and hovering vocals pierce straight to your soul.

Azealia Banks- Slow Hands (Interpol Cover)

AUGH.
AUGH.
AUGH.
Just listen to it.


New Music To Discover post this weekend!
Biyeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or something.