Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It is raining today.

And it is lovely. So here I'ma post some things I've been meaning to for a while.

Florence + The Machine- Spectrum (Maya Jane Coles Remix)

A close friend of mine forwarded me this little remix. And damn. "Spectrum" in itself is a belting track with the heart of a stripped down disco-song. Maya Jane Coles (who if you've been following me a while may remember from She Is Danger) turned the song into a gloriously put together piece of deep house.


The XX- Do You Mind (Derek Walin Remix)

I could start a blog just posting remixes of songs by the XX and I could probably post every day for years. I will say though I don't like all these remixes because sometimes it just doesn't work. With Derek Walin's remix of Do You Mind though is a beautiful marriage between Romy's and Jamie's wispy and reverberated vocals with twinkling windows into the original and a club-dance beat. This remix is just like. Oh my god. (You can also get this remix for free from Derek Walin's facebook page)


The I.D.- A Bigger Picture

The I.D. has a new track now and this one is equally mesmerizing. Reminding me of many neo-romantic bands from times past, The I.D.'s track is the type of thing you'd hear at a concert and spend months looking for afterwards. The guitars in compliment with the rest of the track is really something to behold.

So I've been trying to dig up some new bands for a music to discover but you know that can be kind of a daunting task. So I'll keep working on it!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or something.