Friday, August 30, 2013

M.I.A.- Come Walk With Me (Preview)


M.I.A. announced not too long ago that the release of her album, Matangi, had been postponed because her record label deemed it "too positive". 'Come Walk With Me' is a lot more positive than much of what we're used to from M.I.A. but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. 'Come Walk With Me' still maintains the sense of swagger that M.I.A. is known for. Similarly 'Come Walk With Me' and pushes cultural influences and world-music samples (two go-tos for M.I.A.'s style), so it is hardly that different. .  The demo we heard before was a lot more intense, but this is definitely an interesting direction Maya is pushing. I'm into it. It's a lot more stripped down in a lot of respects, and I appreciate that.

listen to the newest preview here

And check the more intense demo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or something.